Tasty Tuesday: Pumpkin Bread
It is so incredibly humid and gross in Massachusetts right now. I dread leaving my house. I feel like the barbie doll from that Soundgarden video. September means fall and fall means pumpkin. And right now September is confused so I made some pumpkin bread to remind it who it is. And my 2 year old helped.
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 15 ounces canned unsweetened pumpkin
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2/3 cup water
- 2/3 cup fresh (frozen) cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray cooking spray (or butter & flour) 2 9 by 5 loaf pans (or one loaf pan & place liners in muffin tin).
"Furst, we need to get stahrted, muma!"
- Stir together sugar and oil. Watch that toddler doesn’t wet his finger and dip it in the sugar several times to taste (where did he even learn that?).
- Stir in eggs and pumpkin.
- Have your super cute assistant play with the measuring spoons while you combine dry ingredients in separate bowl.
- Blend dry ingredients and water into wet mixture, alternating.the battah (with cranberries)
- Add “extras” (cranberries/chocolate chips/nuts…)
- Divide batter between your pans.
- Bake muffins for 30 minutes (my loaf of bread took about an hour). or until cake tester comes out clean.
- Let stand 10 minutes.
- Remove from pans and cool.
For the benefit of my very pregnant friend, Megan, who’s due date is today - I hope my pumpkin bread urges fall to arrive. And if not, at least my house smells scrumplicious (word credit: Harry).
If you want to submit your fave recipe, or have me try one out for you please submit HERE!
- Kellie (themamalogues)